Dependent upon the nature of the visa application and purpose of the visit, a foreigner wishing to stay in Thailand for an extended period of time may be issued with a One-Year Multiple-Entry Non-Immigrant Visa.
A one-year visa is valid from the initial issue date stated on the visa and it is possible to extend your stay in the country for a further 90 days either on or before the expiration date.
During the 1-year period of validity, holders of the non-immigrant visa are required to exit and re-enter Thailand by land, sea or air every 90 days.
Applications for this type of non-immigrant visa are only open to citizens who hold permanent residence in the following countries:
- United Kingdom
Residents of other countries not listed above may be able to apply for this category of visa depending upon a range of circumstances. It is recommended that contact our customer services team by telephone or email to enquire as to whether you meet the required criteria.
Thai authorities need to be satisfied that you do not pose a public or security threat to the state in order to issue the visa.
All applicants for a Non-Immigrant B type visa must be physically present within the kingdom during the application process.
The requirements to be met for the 1-Year Multiple-Entry visa are as follows:
- The applicant must hold a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the intended date of travel to Thailand.
- An official invitation or confirmation letter stating the intention of your stay in Thailand must be provided.
- Proof of sufficient funds for your proposed stay in the form of a bank statement or official letter are required.
- A travel itinerary and details of planned place of residence must also be provided.
If all documents meet the required standards, your visa application can be made by mail or in person through the Thai embassy or consulate in your country of domicile.
Please note, the Thai embassy in which you lodge your application may also request further documents and a fee for processing your application.
1-Year Multiple-Entry Visa Application Process
The visa application process is as follows:
- Initial preparation of all required documents by the applicant and employer.
- Postal or physical submission of required documents by the applicant to the Thai embassy or consulate in their present country of domicile.
- Payment of application fees to the embassy/consulate. Payments may be made in cash or by personal cheque or credit card.
- Application review period: Please allow between 5-10 working days. Timescales for applications may vary depending upon the embassy or consulate where the application was submitted.